Monday, November 3, 2008

The Weekend Flew By....

Wow that was fast! I could swear Halloween was just yesterday! I am sure the week will fly by as well since we have so much to do!

Saturday Martie and I went to the first Cheer meeting of the year. The school did not have a cheerleading coach until about a week ago and our first home game is Nov. 19th (and we have not even had tryouts yet... they are on Tuesday) so they need to get on the ball! There was not too many girls that showed up to the meeting so they are still trying to figure out if they will do 2 different squads (JV/Varsity) and just do a pom routine with both squads or just 1 big squad. I am pulling for 2 different ones so the girls won't be too tired (they'd have to cheer for all the basketball games. Which would be 4th grade, 5th grade, 6th grade and varsity (7th & 8th grades). I am hoping Martie makes the varsity squad since she was in Cheerleading last year and has a bit more experience than most of the girls that were at the meeting but we will see.

Zander's speech eval qualified him for speech services 1 time a week for 30 minutes and DT services for 30 minutes once a week as well. I am very happy that he qualified since the services are free that way. Though since the eval on Wednesday he has started talking SO much more. He has been using 2 word phrases now and has a vocabulary of about 20 words (approx 10 more than he had the day of the eval). They are trying to get him services right here in our house but I am hoping he gets them somewhere else like Easter Seals or the like so i can get 30 minutes to myself twice a week. That might sound selfish to some people but Zander has been glued to me since the day he was born. I nursed him for 25 months and he is finally weaning himself. (I have tried since he was 12 months old but he was not having it!) So an hour a week alone doesn't sound too selfish to me ;)

I need to start "spring" cleaning the house so i can bring in the Christmas decorations to sort through. We usually decorate on Thanksgiving Day while the turkey is cooking and then Louis and I sort through the sales papers after dinner looking for the best Black Friday deals. I also need to figure out somewhere to hide everyone's gifts so there will be no snooping =)

My plans for tomorrow are to get the kids on the buss and off to school, then sit here and make a list of everything I want to clean. Wake Zander up and head to the gym to workout for an hour or two and get back here to actually work on my list. I am supposed to do some hair colors this week so i am hoping they call Tuesday or Wednesday so they don't see my house in the condition it is in LOL (I wonder how much it would cost for a maid to come help me LOL j/k, not really LOL)

Tuesday is going to be fun because I start my photoshop class at the local junior college with my friend Laurie and my favorite teacher in the world Gene (my old photography teacher). I am hoping my computer will start acting normal so I can actually do my assignments! It has been giving me fits lately =/

I hope everyone reading this has a great week! =)

2 comments:

  1. i'm going to take your last comment personally....I went to the dr. this am and they're afraid it might be kidney stones :( I DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR THIS! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hope not!!! get well! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete

The kids xmas card 2009

The kids xmas card 2009
Laura Manzano Photography & designs, digi scrap kit by Shabby Princess

The family October 2009

The family October 2009
Amber Seng Photography

The kiddos, christmas 2008

The kiddos, christmas 2008

The Kids, christmas 2007

The Kids, christmas 2007

The Fam! December 2006

The Fam! December 2006

I am a Lost fanatic!!!


playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones